Card language & missing set

Postez toutes vos idées pour améliorer le site. Vous pouvez signaler les bugs ou erreurs du site aussi !

Modérateur : Equipe Modératrice

GMatrixGames
Nouveau membre
Nouveau membre
Genre : ♂️
Magasin :

Card language & missing set

Message par GMatrixGames »

Hello,

It has come to my attention that there is no "Chinese" language selectable for cards. I am getting Chinese box of cards soon, and it would be nice to have it supported as they use the same set as "western" cards.

I have also noticed that the site is missing the set that's associated with this Korean card. Is there something special about it?
GMatrixGames
Nouveau membre
Nouveau membre
Magasin :

Re: Card language & missing set

Correction: The chinese set follows the Japanese set, not the Western one, so it should be added to the Japanese set list
Zarmakuizz
Administrateur
Administrateur
Magasin :

Message par Zarmakuizz »

Hey! First of all, thank you for using Pokécardex. Despite the forum being French-oriented, the app has a strong English userbase.

We are still in the process of adding Japanese sets completely, in particular the Japanese decks and some unique promo sets. This work isn't completely finished. As Asian languages have some... funky exceptions, we would require a preliminary work to deal with these. For example, Chinese and Thailandese started during the Sun&Moon era and had some exclusive sets to "catch up", or we would have to decide what to do with the current Korean collections (at the time, we listed the Western sets as supporting Korean, however Korean cards are indeed based on Japanese sets as you said earlier). That's a lot of decisions that have impacts on implementation - and I do not know when we could start discussing about these, and so to progressively support all Asian languages properly.

tl;dr is, as we would like to ideally support all languages properly, we aren't at that point yet, and no ETA on when Korean and Chinese will be properly supported. Sorry. ^^
Échanges faits: Rainyd, Lnoirriol, Pijako, Van der Clava, speedy60, Pijako, Fe2nek... je ne les compte plus.
Regional Professor Coordinator, j'aide des juges et tous les bénévoles des tournois Pokémon. J'arbitre partout dans le monde et je joue parfois.
GMatrixGames
Nouveau membre
Nouveau membre
Magasin :

All good. Thanks for the reply! Completely understand that supporting non-standard stuff is difficult. If you all ever need some help, either with English translation stuff, or on the development side, I'd be more than welcome to help. (I do quite a bit of development lol)

Have a wonderful day!
Répondre